Friday, March 27, 2009

The 10 "Must Do's" Of Coaching Baseball And Softball

I compiled a list of "must do", I think every coach should coach! They reflect the roles and responsibilities when it becomes accepted coach. Here are my "must do" 

1. I have to ... "Remember, I am a model and off the field for all players and children. I remember that everything I do is observe. Everything you say is heard. 

2. I have to ... "Do not forget to say something or not say something that I can have a profound and positive effect on a player. I am a coach, because I care, I imported the game. I am concerned about my players. I do I want my reader to be there to observe and imitate my attitude. My attitude should show my dedication, enthusiasm and excitement! 

3. I have to ... "a constant reminder that safety and well-being of my players is my responsibility and the old adage," An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure "is never more true than when applied to sports injuries. young coaches must apply the rule that a team which, in practice, no player should swing a bat, unless the coach has given them permission to do so. 

4. I have to ... "To be fair to all players. I will treat all players equally with equal respect. I will always be honest with my players. I will be aware that the praise is a great motivation. Sometimes I use constructive criticism but I will always maintain a balance between correction and praise. I will talk one to one to every player, every day. This can be something as simple as the question, "Jon, how goes the day? . 

5. I have to ... "demand and receive respect from all players at all times. Desprecio will not be tolerated. I remember discipline is an essential element of the game. Equipment and self-discipline is something we must teach and reinforce. wait for the children discipline and love. Many players do not get enough discipline at home. " 

6. I have to ... "Look and dress the part of a coach. I'm clean and tidy at all practices and team games." 

7. I have to ... "Remember that being a good coach, I must be a good teacher. It is my responsibility to teach the fundamentals, rules and skills of the game. I'm going to structure and organize each practice and ritual pre-game of my players know what they should know what to expect, and stay focused busy. "I remember" idle "time is a problem only when s' acts of children. I will always be the first to arrive and the last to leave all games, practices, meetings, demonstrations and all other equipment! " 

8. I have to ... "The coach details for the game, my players to help them learn and achieve the highest level." I will work hard at any time during practice and games. I will teach my players the value of hard work and preparation. 

9. I have to ... "Remember that character development and self-confidence is what young people have to do with sport. Children do not play. They play because they want to have fun! Fun I know you laugh, and enjoy every minute together with my children! " 

10. I have to ... "Remember, this is not all win," but "I hope to have" is. I have to give hope and confidence in my team, I am preparing for every game !

No comments:

Post a Comment